Friday 17 July 2015

East Sooke Park

Whoops, somehow our explorations along the East Sooke Trail slipped through the cracks, buried beneath a pile of other photos. I completely forgot to write a post about this stunning trail, and I must admit, in my laziness, I was tempted not to (let sleeping dogs lie, as it were). But it would be a shame, as it really is a beautiful trail.







Towards the beginning of our trip, we decided to explore East Sooke after our stop at the Butchart Gardens in Victoria. I'm so glad we did, it was one of my favourite parts of the trip...although to be fair, I did have many favourites! Nonetheless, it was a magnificent trail made all the better by beautiful weather and magnificent people.





Petroglyph: a seal on the rock face overlooking the ocean. Special thanks to all those who defaced this 1000+ year old petroglyph, I can't imagine how it must have looked without all of your scratches.


I'm not going to say too much about this trail other than to say it's b-e-a-utiful. We had a lot of fun exploring the coastal outcrops where we were lucky enough to spot a sea (river?) otter eating a fish, a couple of sea lions, and an owl in addition to seeing the petroglyphs! Whadda day, whadda trail!





Who-who - see the owl?

No comments:

Post a Comment