Thursday 16 July 2015

Neck Point Park

I've been unbelievably lazy about finishing the posts and photos from our trip to Vancouver Island. I always fool myself into believing it will be easier to write all of my posts after the fact (more time to enjoy in the moment, adventuring and such), but every time - without fail - I seem to find a way to drag these bad boys ("bad boys" meaning posts, naturally) out for months after the fact, and the more time that passes, the more of a chore it becomes to catch up.






Part of my problem with writing catch-up posts is that I like to have somewhat thoughtful or intentional (both if I'm having a really lucky day) stories or recollections to describe the photos I'm posting. But, if I don't write those thoughts and feelings down while I'm travelling, then often I lose them altogether, and all I'm left with is a cache of photos and a few measly captions.





Unfortunately, I've done that again; I'm afraid these photos are going to have to carry themselves for this wordless post. Luckily, the beauty of the park means that this isn't too much of a stretch.



The one thing I do remember very clearly, is that walking through Neck Point felt like walking through a painting (in a non-cliche way). There was such a stillness over the park; the day wasn't sunny but the clear sky was streaked blue and silver. The golden yellows of the grass contrasting with the open, blue sky. We watched the sea birds and wandered along the path quiet in our own contentedness, surrounded by the peacefulness of the park.



What a way to wake up and begin the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment