Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Beach...& then some




Yesterday, things got a bit overwhelming for me, and so after a few hours of work, we escaped to Wreck Beach for an evening walk. And then a funny thing happened.


All too soon, my worries and frustrations were replaced with images of naked people all around.  You see,  the 'clothing optional' aspect of Wreck Beach is now in full effect, thanks to the warm, sunny weather.  While we always knew that Wreck Beach was technically a nude beach, it was never something we had to worry about on our previous jaunts, given the chilly temperatures.

While I can't say that weaving between naked old men was the remedy I had in mind, it definitely reminded me not to take life too seriously. After all, it's pretty hard to stay worried or stressed when there are more - ahem - immediate concerns staring you down! If nothing else, I do feel that I can at least say we've experienced one of Vancouver's attractions in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment